Frequently Ask Questions

Where are you located?
St. Rose of Lima Parish is located at the corner of H Street and Third Avenue in the city of Chula Vista, California.

The Parish Office located on the North side of the property directly behind the church. The physical address for the parish office is 278 Alvarado Street, Chula Vista.

From 805 –
Exit H Street West to 293 H Street – Church entrance off of H Street.

From Interstate 5 –
Exit H Street and go east to Third Avenue and make a Left to Alvarado Street and Make a right. Parking lot entrances are off of Alvarado.

back to top

What are the boundaries?

N – Hwy 54 from San Diego Bay to 805 S to Bonita Road to the Hill Road
S – J Street from San Diego to Paseo Del Rey
E – The Hill Road from Bonita Road South to Del Re Blvd.
W – San Diego Bay from Hwy 54 to J Street
See map at

back to top

I would like to get my child Baptized…

There are a few ways that you can go about preparing to baptize your child. However, the first thing is that you need is to make an appointment to meet with one of our Deacons (Deacon Greg or Deacon Gerardo) or priests so that they can evaluate your readiness for baptizing your child. You can arrange for this appointment by email: or by calling the parish office at 619-427-0230. Please visit “Why should I baptized my Child ?” in this website

back to top

When are confessions?

The sacrament of Reconciliation is available every Saturday at 8:00 pm. You may also contact the parish office by email or phone for an appointment with one of our priests.

back to top

What time are the weekday Masses?

Weekday Masses are at 6:15 am and 8:00 am. Thurdays at 6:30 pm (español); and Saturday at 7:30 am. Note: These times may change on holidays, (Normally a 9 am Mass is celebrated, replacing all other masses for the day).

back to top

What time are Sunday Masses?

Saturday Vigil Mass is at 5:00 pm English and 6:30 pm Spanish
Sunday’s are – 7:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:15 pm Spanish, 5:00 pm

You can also find this information on this website or on the cover of the weekly bulletin.

back to top

I want my child to be prepared for their First Communion.

You may contact the Religious Education department to enroll for Religious Education. You may contact them at or call 619-426-6717.

back to top

We want to get married ...

You may register for marriage here or contact the parish office at 619-427-0230 and request the information brochure. After you have completed the requested information you may contact one our Deacons or Priests to begin interviewing for marriage.

back to top

I would like to get my house blessed.....

You may make arrangements for a priest or deacon to bless you home by contacting the parish office at 619-427-0230 or through email.

back to top

How do I register?

You may come to the parish office and pick up a registration form or you may register here.

back to top