TBD - @6pm - St. Rose of Lima Church
- Wear your “Sunday Best”!
- We are in the presence of our Lord and the Bishop – modesty is important!
- Gentlemen: dress pants, button down shirt, tie, dress shoes (NO sneakers). Jacket is optional.
- Ladies: Nice dress, skirt or pants outfit. NO: midriffs, bare backs, short skirts, spaghetti straps, strapless dress, halter-tops. A sweater or jacket will help modify some of these issues.
- Sponsors should plan to follow the same dress code.
- No photos can be taken during Mass.
- A professional photographer will take photos of each teen as he/she is being confirmed.
- The Bishop will be available after Mass for individual candidate and sponsor photo.
- No flash photo during individual candidate and sponsor photo. If do so, it will ruin the photo taken by the professional photographer.
- The Sanctuary will remain open for 45 minutes after mass for family photos.
DAY OF THE CONFIRMATION MASS
ARRIVE ONE HOUR PRIOR TO MASS:
WHO: Candidates and Sponsors
Where: Report in the Parish Hall
Come dressed for the confirmation mass. When you report in the Parish Hall, you will need to find your nametag and find your spot in line to head over to the Church.
- Specific directions will be given for candidates and sponsors in the Parish Hall.
- Candidates and sponsors will be invited to line up for the procession to the church.
- Fasting: No food, gum, or drinks (water is exceptional)
PROCESSION INTO MASS
- Candidates and sponsors will alternate in line. For example, Joseph, Joseph's Sponsor, Mary, Mary's Sponsor
- Candidates will NOT be assigned an order or a side of the Church, so decided on "right side" or "left side" with family ahead of time
- There will be two lines in the procession. Left line will sit on the left side. Right line will sit on the right side.
- No Photography - a professional photographer will take pictures of each candidate being Confirmed (order forms will be available on the left side of the Sanctuary)
- Newly Confirmed and sponsors will remain in the pew and wait for instruction for taking individual picture with the Bishop by the professional photographer.
- No flash photography during individual photo with the Bishop.
- Pick up Confirmation certificate on the left side of the Sanctuary.
- The Sanctuary will be available for 45 minutes following the Mass for additional/family photos.